Sunday, March 9, 2014

Farm Fresh To You

I received an e-mail from Living Social with a coupon for Farm Fresh To You.  I was intrigued and went to the inter webs to check it out.  After reading all the FAQs, I then called them and asked more questions.

I think this is the CSA farm for me.  The schedule is non-binding and you can exchange the size and quantity of items per box in addition to adding eggs.  They also deliver right to your door.

I purchased the coupon and signed up for the service.  My first shipment came in March for a stint while I was home and this is what I got.
Plus a dozen of brown free range eggs.

My first recipe was lentil stew with all the greens and the carrots.  It was delicious and plenty to go into the freezer.

I also made the guacamole deviled eggs.
I didn't have all the ingredients so I substituted a bit of mayo and garlic powder.  This reminds me of green eggs and all I needed was some ham.

No comments:

Post a Comment