Thursday, March 20, 2014

Jenkins Batty Challenge

I made it to March before I succumbed to a fiber challenge.  I was surfing Ravelry and someone posted that the Jenkins spindle group was starting up a batt challenge.

It was kind of cool so I decided to join the fun.  The "rules" stated that everyone in the challenge would go to Nunoco's Etsy page and pick 5 favorite batts out of their inventory.  We would then be paired with someone else and have to go to their top 5 pick list and choose one from there.

The Nunoco people would then send that chosen batt to your person and one to you.  The next person would have chosen one from my list and have that sent to me.  I would end up with two batts, one I chose for my partner and another from my top 5 list that would be chosen for me.

I had so many favorites that I bought a few extras to justify the shipping from overseas.  There are over 30 people in the challenge and we will be getting our batts to start the challenge by April 1.

I dug out my Ed Jenkins spindle which I got on a destash that I never spun on so it will all be an adventure.  It is a swan in the zebra wood.
I also have a wrist distaff that is very cool from this shop.
I can't wait for the fiber to appear so I can start spinning using these new tools.

No comments:

Post a Comment