Thursday, August 25, 2011

Craftsy Sock Update

As I reported here, I signed up for an online sock knitting class.  I bought some Knit Picks yarn to knit the Bosnian Slipper socks.


I think the contrast will work out will with the greenish color way called Rainforest Heather and natural.
Following the instructions for the Bosnian toe, I cast on and knit the square by using a variation of the I-cord.
I then picked up the stitches all around for a total of 48 stitches.
I then ran into a problem as the color work chart for the medium size (which is close to the measurements I took of my foot) is off by 2 stitches - one stitch on each side.


After posting a question on Craftsy, it appears that there is an error with the color work pattern and Donna Druchunas recommended just picking up 2 less stitches.  I'm now concerned that this will make the sock even smaller and might not fit my foot which was going to be a tight fit as it was, so I think I may just knit the large size instead.


I also seem to be missing one of the double point needles in the size I need and I put a call out to my knitting peep and she will be loaning me a set of needles to work on these socks.


I also bought a knit kit specifically for sock knitting.  It is a really cool compact tool that I can throw in with my sock yarn and needles.

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see the pattern evolve, and to hear what you think about the Bosnian toe cast-on. I've never seen that before.

    ReplyDelete