Monday, August 15, 2011

Llama

At spin group this weekend, I was able to start and finish spinning some lace weight singles of the purple merino/silk blend that I discussed here.  I wound the first ounce off on a storage bobbin.  I got my spin mojo back I'm happy to say.
I also bought some llama roving from one of the local llama farms.  I had previously spun some llama roving from this farm a few years back at the Del Mar Fair.  It was lovely stuff and I tagged it for a hat project on my hairpin lace loom. That project is in the War of WIPs that is currently being waged.
I got 4 ounces of Bardo's Garcilaso llama fiber with Tussah silk and Merino Wool for $4/ounce.  It is soft and squishy.
I also got 4 ounces of Bueno Chico llama and merino wool with Bombyx silk.  The silk strands are a light pinkish color and the llama is a very light tan, almost a cream color.  This was a bit more at $5/ounce.
Even though I really don't need anymore fiber, I couldn't resist supporting a local fiber source.

No comments:

Post a Comment