Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Fondle This! June Project Battle

So back in 2010, I had joined the Fondle This! spin/knit club where Spinning Bunny sent out a package from January to October with fiber and a pattern.


It is now August 2011, and I still have some of these packages that are not completed let alone started.  Somehow I have lagged way behind hence I'm not participating for 2011.  I think I will never tie myself to another "club" like endeavor because I now can't stand the pressure.


Anyways, as part of my War of WIPs I undertook to clear out some space in my closet (where I will be able to store more fiber and yarn instead of these pesky unfinished items), I pulled out the excess yarn ball from the June package where I received 5 ounces of Falkland fiber dyed in the Evening Star color way.  The pattern that came with the fiber was for the Cuddly Hat pattern, which I did knit.  
Since I had such a large amount of left over yarn, I decided to make the Maine Morning Mitts from Clara Parkes' The Knitter's Book of Yarn.  It started quite a while ago and just sat around with half a one cuff done.


Well I battled and was able to finish the mitts.  I'm glad I won that round.  Onto the next battle in my effort to win the war.

No comments:

Post a Comment