Sunday, August 21, 2011

Craftsy - Knit Sock Workshop

My spin bud, Juliblue, sent me a link for a special deal on an on-line sock knitting class.  She had previously tried to teach me how to knit socks and those socks are in a time out (see War the WIPs).


So I clicked on the link to Craftsy.  It is an ingenious idea and I went ahead and ordered this class.  It is taught by Donna Druchunas and it takes you through basic sock knitting methodology with two socks patterns to be knit - a lace knee high sock and a color work calf sock.


The great thing about this class is that even though it is not "live" with live chat, you can ask questions in each segment and there is a place to leave notes for yourself.  Whenever you watch the class and ask questions, Donna is right there to respond to your questions.  The class never expires and you can review it as many times as you need to.  I recommend watching the whole class through at full screen (in high definition) and then re-watch with needles and yarn in hand.  


I just started watching and it looks like Donna is great at explaining and showing the how-tos.  I need to order some yarn to start the socks.

No comments:

Post a Comment