Sunday, August 28, 2011

Lanikai Bikini Battle

Another update on the War of the WIPs....I watched an episode of Knitty Gritty on the DIY network back in September 2007.  The episode included a bikini and a sarong.  The bikini pattern is called the Lanikai bikini and the designer is Tina Whitmore.  I was really taken with the idea of a knitted bikini but I don't think I ever really considered wearing one.


So I gathered some Cascade Fixation yarn made of cotton and elastic and started knitting.


Significant progress was made on the bikini and for whatever reason, the knitting stopped and the project went into the closet.


When I pulled out all of the WIPs in the closet, this one came with.  This was the progress I had made.
All I really needed to do was to finish the back of the bikini bottom and knit the I-cord to finish.


Here is the finished project.
I'm still not sure what I'm going to do with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment