Sunday, July 24, 2011

War of the WIPs 2011

I was perusing some blogs and happened upon this one which discussed WIPs - works in progress that have languished for what ever reason.


Since I have finished my formal commitment to the cold sheep - this might be a good thing to tackle next.  I confess that I have quite a few projects that are languishing - here is a listing:


Tilted Duster - started December 2008


Sweet Indulgence - started July 2008


Dazed and Confused ZigZag Scarf - started May 2008


Felted Slippers - started December 2007
Bikini - started January 2008 (I don't know what I was thinking!)
Linen Stitch Scarf - started July 2010 and frogged


Linen Stitch Faroese Shawl - started September 2009 and frogged


Teddy Bear Aran Sweater - started September 2009 on Alaskan cruise.
Basic Socks - started February 2009
Hey Teach Sweater - started October 2009
Evenstar - started January 2010
Hairpin Lace Hat - started February 2010
Featherweight Cardigan - started April 2010
Tea Leaves Cardigan - started June 2010
Flirty Lace Tank - started July 2010; restarted July 2011
Sunkist Cardi - started September 2010; restarted July 2011


Woodland Winter Mittens - started January 2011


In Dreams Shawl - started February 2011
Vonica - started May 2011


Felted Bear - started June 2011


Cashmere Dimma - started July 2011


Fondle This! July Project - started February 2011.  I finished the spinning of the fiber but have yet to start knitting the associated project.
At the end of this year, the War is suppose to be won but I don't think there is enough time left in the year to even make a serious dent in the WIPs.  I'm going to have to extend my deadline to at least the end of 2012 and re-evaluate at that time to see which side is winning the battle.


In addition to continuing my other crafts, I'm going to try very hard not to start any new projects before at least finishing some of these WIPs.  I don't know why I have such a mental block, but wish me luck in wrestling some of these projects down.

1 comment: