Monday, July 25, 2011

Summary of Tour de Fleece 2011

Well I started the Tour with the best intentions of spinning every day except for the rest days.  I can say I was somewhat successful but I sort of lost all steam the last week - I guess I just don't have the endurance to finish the race.


My goal was to see if I could commit to spinning every day but what I found was that it became a chore for me to do so.  I lost all enjoyment that I had for spinning because I was limited in the time I had to devote to my crafts.


I missed weaving and knitting and even sewing.  I would look over at my neglected crafts while I was pushing myself to spin each and every day.  In the last week, I ended up knitting, weaving, and doing some sewing to attain my balance again.


My conclusion is that I need the variety of all my crafts to keep my balance so everything is still fun and enjoyable.


Next year, I think I will be with the team in spirit but I will not be spinning daily unless I have a specific project in mind to finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment