Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Stainless Steel Yarn?

When I took the knitting cruise to Alaska back in 2009, I purchased a scarf knit kit from Churchmouse Yarns and Tea on Bainbridge Island.


The kit was called Kushu Kushu from Habu Textiles which comes with two cones of yarn - one superfine merino and one silk stainless steel.


The scarf pattern is knit in stockinette stitch and has some decreases and multiple changes of needle size.  I started with US 8s, then went down to US 6, US 4, and US 3 successively.


For the first part of the scarf, I held both strands of yarn together and knit and then near the end, I only knit with the stainless steel yarn.  I was able to choose the colors of the yarn and I chose a pretty green and the stainless steel in black.


The yarn is really fine and it took me forever to knit as I only knit it at monday night knit group.


Here are the leftover yarn on the cones.
Here is the scarf before washing.  It was very long and almost as tall as me.
Here is the washed scarf.  It shrunk up by about half.

No comments:

Post a Comment