Friday, July 8, 2011

Spinning Cashmere and Other Down Fibers

Cynthia Herron of Hokulani Farms taught a class on spinning cashmere that was excellent.  I can officially proclaim that I am a princess regarding fibers.  I feel like no other fibers should be touching my hands and Cynthia spoiled (ruined) me for anything other than cashmere.


Here are the samples that she provided.  It was all so lovely.
After talking with Cynthia after class and at her booth, she complimented me by stating that I was a mini-her.  Her exact words were, "I was watching you spin and you are a lace spinner.  You want a perfect lace weight yarn and you are a mini me."
High praise from a lace expert.  I am on a high since I have confirmation from Cynthia and Judith that I am a spinner.


Of course some of this fabulous fiber followed me home.....talk about champagne tastes on a beer budget.

No comments:

Post a Comment