Thursday, July 28, 2011

I'm a Winner!

As I previously discussed, I entered an endurance race called the Tour de Fleece.  I joined a few teams, but the one I was true to was the HansenCrafts miniSpinner group.


They had several challenges:


1.  Poundage of pets in your lap
2.  Most hours spinning
3.  Longest thread of one ounce of fiber
4.  Craziest footwear
5.  Most unusual location
6.  The yarn that looks most like the person spinning it
7.  Most miniSpinners in one gathering
8.  Best excuse for not meeting your goal
9.  Your personal challenge


I entered challenges 1, 2, 3, 4, 8, and 9.  There was some serious competition out there and some of the results of the spinners just blew my mind.


I won a prize for challenges 1 and 4.  Here was my entry for pets in lap (mine was not technically in my lap but Bailey was so hilarious).
Also my goofy slippers won as the craziest footwear.
It was quite a fun adventure but I did learn some lessons about spinning.  I look forward to next year.

1 comment: