Saturday, July 16, 2011

Fiber Trade

I spun on my indian book charkha as discussed here during my spin group's cotton day.  After tuning it up and cleaning it off, I was able to spin cotton but it was with starts and stops.  Even though I am the puni queen, I couldn't not smoothly spin cotton on this charkha.  I have a box of punis in the closest where the charkha also went.


I saw an ad of Ravelry requesting a trade of fiber/yarn for a charkha.  I figured that maybe my charkha would like someone else better and perform better as well.  A bargain was struck and the charkha went off in the post and I went off the Black Sheep Gathering.


When I got home, this is what was in my mail box.
Merino/silk blends, merino/bamboo blends, and some BFL.  I can't wait to spin some of this stuff up.  The colors are great.  Theresa did a great job dyeing and if you are interested in acquiring some for yourself, you can shop here.

No comments:

Post a Comment