Sunday, July 3, 2011

My Excellent Adventure to Black Sheep Gathering

I was fortunate enough to have a friend who was going to Black Sheep Gathering in Eugene, Oregon who consented to having along a passenger.  I was filled with excitement as I signed up for classes with Cynthia Herron and Judith MacKenzie with an inkle loom class in there as well.


Since I'm a sissy, Fluffysgarden agreed to share a hotel room with me instead of camping.


We left at the crack of dawn with a fully packed car heading north stopping in Sacramento (the half way mark) for the night.


The next morning we left early again but not as early and got ourselves up to Eugene in time to set up our hangout tent and enter our fiber art items for judging.


The drive was not too bad but very long.  Mount Shasta still had snow and Shasta Lake was full.
I was also able to go by Carolina Homespun to pick up the Will Taylor Clever Kate that Jude purchased for me.  The one Jude had purchased for me was made of mahogany but Morgaine listened in on my phone conversation with Jude and heard that I had a padauk mSpinner.  She saved a padauk kate for me.  Here it is with my mSpinner.
The vendors were setting up their booths and it was no trouble to do a pick up in the chaos.


We ended the night with dinner at Off The Waffle, a liege waffle place.  We each ordered a waffle dish and a lamb kabob salad for an appetizer.
I believe since Eugene is a college town, it is a requirement to bus your own table.  They had a system for food waste, compost, and regular garbage.  It was interesting to see how befuddled people were about putting things in the right slots.

No comments:

Post a Comment