Monday, July 11, 2011

Pretties from Black Sheep

I think there were so many pretty things to look at and I could not resist the pull of the shopping bug.  Here are some of the things that came home with me from Black Sheep Gathering.


Cool shuttle pin and some wooden bobbins from Sally Keagle Yarns.
Mini carder and dye kit from Carolina Homespun (plus picking up my Will Taylor Kate).
Beautiful shuttles from Herndon Creek Farms.  I also picked up some yak/silk and two types of cashmere fiber from them.
Awesome rake from Hokulani Farms.  Cynthia taught my classes in lace and cashmere and some baby camel and cashmere came home with me too.
Rainbow Romney was eye catching at Iron Water Ranch.  The greens hitched a ride in the car.
Camel colored alpaca/silk blend from Crown Mountain Fibers plus some yak and optim.
Bobbin shuttle to fit my new bobbins purchased above.  I also picked up a inkle shuttle.  John at Village Spinning and Weaving in Solvang was awesome.  I will need to visit Solvang again - all I remember from my last visit many years ago was the awesome apple strudel.
Three skeins of merino/silk from Dicentra Designs.
A Lo Lo Bar from Bar-Maids.  A cash transaction also resulted in a lip balm.
Of course, I had to pick up two more bobbins for my mSpinner and Kevin let me pick through all the bobbins to get the best match with my mSpinner.  Here they are on the kate.
Also I picked up some merino/alpaca/angora from Taylored Fibers.  Barry let me touch everything on his table and there was a bountiful supply.


Last but not least was my most luxurious fiber - qiviut from Fantasy Fiber.  I could not stop touching it after I got permission to open the bag for petting.
Quite a big haul and no buyers remorse.  I can't wait to start working with my new hoard.

No comments:

Post a Comment