Monday, July 4, 2011

Judith MacKenzie Has Proclaimed That I Am A Spinner

At Black Sheep Gathering this year, Judith MacKenzie, fiberista extraordinaire, was the fiber arts judge.  I decided to enter a few hand spun, hand knit items hoping to get some feedback from the master herself.


I entered the Yarn Harlot's Pretty Thing,
Tiziana's May Queen Shawl,
and Tiziana's Blooming Garden Shawl.
I also was in a class with Judith for a day on designing yarns and talked with her after class about my entries that she judged the day before.  I had taken pictures of the items to jog her memory.


Judith has proclaimed that I am a spinner.  I can shout it from the mountain tops now - I have arrived!


I won first prize on the Pretty Thing and she stated that the yarn I spun was wonderful.  She had a few tips for my knitting to help the shawls look better flat but she stated that when the shawls were worn (she had someone model them for judging), they were professionally done.


I was so happy with my first prize that I had to share with the Peppermint Pastures Pygora people where Fluffysgarden had purchased the pygora for me last year.


Here is the Pretty Thing back at the Peppermint Pastures Pygora booth with Darlene.
Fluffysgarden also won first prize for her lacey socks.  She almost won best of show.

1 comment:

  1. Oh! Congratulations on your Pretty Thing! I can't wait to hear how the spinning class went. Hope to see you soon,

    Shelly

    ReplyDelete