Saturday, July 2, 2011

Michelia Alba

I planted this tree in my backyard in the space where the avocado tree died.  My parents have a giant one of these and they produce the most fragrant flowers ever!


It was pretty scrawny when it went in and the new leaves that came in were way smaller than the existing ones.


I watered it and watched it and it just didn't seem like it did anything.  Then I went out of town for a week and when I got home, there were blooms!


Lovely smelling blooms and new buds ready to flower!  The tree still looks like it needs some help, but the flowers are lovely.
The tree was purchased at the 99 Ranch Market and is from a grower in Orange.  Here is some information regarding the Michelia Alba.  I can't wait until mine gets to 12' tall with 300 blooms per year.

No comments:

Post a Comment