Saturday, August 13, 2011

Farewell and Enchiladas?

Today is sort of a sad day for me and probably a happy/hectic day for Val.  This morning she is on her way to her new life in Colorado.  Last night, she arrived with her sister and the two kitties who are beyond traumatized.  There were last minute errands to run before leaving San Diego so her sister and I made enchiladas with Terri's famous recipe (throw in everything you want and make it work).


The key is to start with enchilada sauce (green and/or red), warm corn tortillas, green chiles, and cheese.  I added grilled chicken slices and taco seasoned ground turkey, cilantro, onions, and jalapenos.


Here is the method for wrapping.
The enchiladas are crammed into the pan (9" pan will hold about 8 crammed together) then covered with enchilada sauce and cheese.


We cooked one of the pans to eat for dinner and I was able to make two additional pans before I ran out of tortillas.  When Terri saw I only bought 30, she gave me a pitying look and said it wasn't worth starting a project until you have at least 90 tortillas.  I had left over ingredients so I will be off to the grocery to pick up some more stuff.


It was early to bed for everyone and this morning saw the drugging of cats for the long drive to St. George for the first leg of the trip.


The cars are packed to capacity.
Here is the transfer of the cats to the BIG carrier where they will have room to move around.
Here are the final photos of Val, the soon-to-be non-resident of California.
I'm glad I have spin group today to keep my mind off being sad today.....

No comments:

Post a Comment