Friday, January 10, 2014

I Spy Quilt

When I last visited Val in Colorado, she had purchased a gift for Tyler, my cousin's new baby boy.  It was a box of 4"x4" squares to make an I Spy quilt to help in learning.

I had posted here about seeing one of these quilts being worked on and I finally got my act together after going to the local fabric store and picking up some fabric.

I had enough squares to make a front and a back panel so the quilt will be reversible.  I went 7 squares across and 8 squares down.  It is a good sized quilt even without the border.
I am in talks with another friend of mine who has machine embroidery capability and a long arm quilting machine.  The next step is to have a consultation to see what I can do.
I can then sew on the border and then it will be ready to quilt.  I am timely enough that this kid will have this learning quilt before he learns to talk!

No comments:

Post a Comment