Monday, January 20, 2014

Qiviut Sock Yarn, Oh My!

I watched episode 112 of the Stockinette Zombies and Amy showed off some qiviut sock yarn.  I was intrigued especially in light of the deep freeze that is going on this winter.  So I hopped onto google search and looked around.

The going price of a skein of this yarn ranges from $77 to $90.  Pretty steep price for a pair of socks that you still have to knit up.  When I looked at the description, here is what I found:

35% qiviut (musk ox down - super warm)
40% superwash merino
15% bamboo (for antibacterial properties)
10% nylon (for strength)

375 yards in a 100 gram hank at 20 wraps per inch.

I have some super warm fiber - qiviut, possum, and cashmere.  I have all the rest too so I can blend up this concoction and spin up some super warm yarn for socks.
It will be my next project!

No comments:

Post a Comment