Sunday, January 5, 2014

The Languishing Knitting Projects

After reviewing my resolution post again, I decided to gather all of my projects that have been hanging around and I was SHOCKED at how many of these are hiding around the house.

Some are newer (started in 2013), but some are so old, I don't even remember when I started them or the last time I actually worked on them.

I have 30 projects in progress.  Here is the breakdown:

Sweaters (I admit I have a problem):
- Pecan Crush
- Autumn Whispers
- Mud Blood Cardigan
- Adrift Sweater
- Circumnavigated Cardigan
- Old Man and the Sea
- Shift of Focus
- Portulaca Sweater
- One Skein Knit Shrug
- Flirty Tank Top
- Hey Teach Sweater
- Tilted Duster
- Sweet Indulgence Coat
- Pau Hana Sweater
- Halele'a Sweater

Shawls (I think I use to have a problem):
- Citron
- Makai
- Trapeze
- Lily
- In Dreams

Socks (may become a problem):
- Skew
- Felted Slippers
- Val's Socks
- Craftsy Socks
- Lace Socks

Accessories:
- Pretty Thing
- Drizzle Hat
- Rock Strata Mitts
- Hairpin Lace Hat
- Panda Blanket

I am pledging now that I will work through most of these projects in 2014.  I will not start a new project for myself until I slog through this list.  I picked these projects because they were so great and I had wonderful yarn to make them.  I am sad that they have not and are not getting any love.

I may need to employ some monogamy in relation to knitting since having so many projects means that none are getting accomplished.  Some of them have problems to work out.  Some probably need to be ripped for a bit and restarted.

Let's see if I can finish one or two in January to give myself a boost in confidence.

No comments:

Post a Comment