Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Schacht's Weave Along

Schacht Spindle Company has a blog which occasionally talks about weaving projects.  I have read them as they come out, but never really tried any of the projects.

On their Ravelry page, they have decided to start a weave along revisiting some of these posted projects.  I looked at the first one which described making bags for wine and such and how someone else made a bunch of bags for holding spindles and fiber.  I thought about it, but decided against it for now.

The next project is a scarf which you can read about here.  I had purchased three skeins of Koigu sock yarn to knit a linen stitch scarf, but had to frog it because I could not seem to get the stitch right.  I ended up with little bundles of yarn.  This yarn has languished a long time in the cupboard.
When I saw this keyhole scarf pattern, I thought it was a perfect fit.  Since my yarn weight is so much smaller than what is called for in the pattern, I had to make some modifications.

After doing some math, I measured the warp in the three different colors.
I will be using my Cricket loom with the 12 dent reed.  I am going to have 108 ends per inch and rotated the 3 colors in blocks for 4.  I can't wait to get started.

After sleying the rigid heddle and tying on the back beam, I dressed up the loom.
Now I just need to tie on the front beam and start the weaving.

No comments:

Post a Comment