Friday, September 17, 2010

Avatar: Fellowship Pack

Another great postal day.  I received my second package of the Avatar from Roo at Moonwood Farms.
When I opened the box, this is what I saw.
There are 5 rules to follow:
  1. Have fun
  2. Please have your yarn completed and pictures posted in the special photo thread in the Moonwood Farm Ravelry Group by midnight 31 October 2010
  3. On 5 November at 12:00 CST, the photo thread will be locked and the participant whose yarn photograph has the most LOVE will win a full refund of their SAL package
  4. Try to spread the word once the photo thread is opened, the more people visit, the more LOVE buttons will be clicked!
  5. Have fun!!!!
It is very exciting to see the fibers that Roo associated with each of the individuals in the "fellowship."  I liken this fellowship to the Lord of the Rings fellowship which I love so much because it is about unlikely heroes doing what they must to save the world.
Aang - the Avatar who has been sleeping for a hundred years
Appa - the flying Bison who was with Aang
Katara - of the Water tribe who finds and releases Aang
Sokka - Katara's brother also of the Water tribe
Price Zuko - of the Fire Nation, an enemy who becomes a friend
MoMo - the monkey who saves the day
Roo remembered to leave out the mohair from MoMo
Toph - the blind earthbender who teaches Aang how to earthbend

I'm excited to get started on this project.  I will now need to think about how I want to spin up these luscious batts and dream up a project that will incorporate these fibers into a cohesive unit to fully represent the "fellowship" that wins the day and saves the world.

PS:  I asked my parents about the air character since it is so much bigger in this package and was told that it is feng which actually translates to wind.  It has been great that we have video calls on Windows Live.  When they visit me next week, they will write the character of air for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment