Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Work Completed and In Progress

I finished knitting the Rivendell Cowl during my vacation.  The pattern is from Sunflower Designs and the yarn was handspun from my from fiber received from a trade.  The fiber was 100% merino in the pinedale colorway.  I started with 3 7/8 ounces of fiber and it spun up into 326 yards of 14 wpi.

I made some progress with the Fondle This! May Project but it is slow going.  I'm not sure that I like the way the color strips are coming out.
I also made a little progress with the Linen Stitch Scarf, but it has been difficult keeping track of the stitches and I have had to rip back multiple times.  It is now classified as the "never ending" scarf.
I ended up purchasing the yarn and fiber inspired by the photo - Market Salad.  I am waiting for a project to call its name before it will come out of the stash to play.
So for August's cold sheep progress - knitted up 326 yards for the Rivendell Cowl and purchased 400 yards of the Market Salad.  The total is going the wrong way!  Ending yardage for August is 109,777.

No comments:

Post a Comment