Saturday, September 18, 2010

Silk and Pepper

My girl dog, Pepper is in love with silk.  I can't quite figure out what it is about silk that she craves.  A little while back, I came home from a long vacation to find that she had chewed up some Tilli Thomas silk yarn.  See the post here.

Well this time, I went out to dinner with friends and when I got home, my pile of knitted items were on the floor.  This pile of knitted items have been on the counter of my china cabinet (where I store my yarn) for nearly three months without any mishap.

However, out of all the items, I had a knitted silk scarf in a pretty blue color.  When I unraveled it, this is what I found.
Section 1
Section 2
You can see she chewed two different sections that are not even close together.  Not a total loss, but hard to repair.  I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it now.  I do still have one ball of this yarn left over so in theory I could fix it by unraveling and grafting the new yarn to reknit the eaten sections.

What a bother - I can now truly conclude that Pepper has silk tastes....she doesn't even have the decency to look repentant.
Mug Shot 1
Mug Shot 2
Bailey trying in vain to look innocent and unaware.

2 comments:

  1. I have the same problem with my cats. I have to keep all my yarn & WIPs in drawers so the cats can't get to them. It's very annoying at times.

    ReplyDelete