Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Mayhem - Yarn and Dogs

Well, it had to happen.  Bored dogs hanging around the house and silk yarn just out of reach.  When I got home after a month long vacation, there it was...a pile of silk yarn purchased at Maryland Sheep and Wool with the tags eaten away and in a bundle that looked like a bird's nest.
I have to admit that it is my own fault for leaving such a delicious temptation where it could be tasted.  What to do now?  I could send the bagged up mess to someone who will kindly unknot and untangle the mess and see what is salvageable or I could just leave the mess and cut it up some more and card into some other fiber for spinning new yarn.

I hurts a little since it was Tilli Thomas silk yarn and even on sale, the three skeins cost about $50......

I guess my dogs have expensive tastes just like me!  There was a bunch of cotton blends and all they did for those was eat the tags.  Good thing I had inventoried them before I left, otherwise I would have no idea what they were!

1 comment:

  1. I have a good amount of experience getting the knots out of yarn and cutting out the smiley bitten pieces. That would be my cats fault. So if you really want it off your hands, I'll take it for you ;)

    ReplyDelete