Monday, September 13, 2010

Birthday Weekend

I started my birthday weekend working.  I usually take the day off and do fun things, but since I went on a long vacation, work piled up and I really couldn't afford to take another day.  As a concession, I spent the whole day in my pajamas working from home.  I got a lot of e-mails and facebook posts wishing me a great day and it was.

On saturday, I woke early and did some laundry and headed off for my volunteer gig at the city library.  It was good to hold books again and I was able to check out a few of the Barbara Walker Knitting Treasuries from the library.  I think I found a lace pattern to finish up my featherweight cardigan.

After the library, I stopped off at the new Albertson's for a few items for my supperclub dish.  It was quite confusing the way the store was laid out.  I think that I will be sticking to my local Vons.

I spent the rest of the day at Val's steaming and cutting fabric and sewing together my asian inspired quilt top.  Val made a pair of pillow cases for me with kung-fu pandas.
It goes great with the quilt that she made for me last year.  We had taquitos with guacamole and some cool new sorbets in individual containers.  Yummy!  I was able to cut all the pieces of the quilt that I'm making from the fabrics I purchased in Alaska.  Here are a few of the fabrics:
When I got home, I had a little time before bed, and ended up spinning a little bit of merino I got on my Botsworth spindle.

1 comment:

  1. Happy belated birthday, Mags! I LOVE that Kung Fu Panda fabric. How cute!

    ReplyDelete