Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Projects Completed and Cold Sheep Status

For September's update, I was able to finish two projects for a total of 1,050 yards of yarn knitted.


I finished knitting Merope, one of the 7 small shawls by Romi Hill of Bitterroot fame.  I used left over sock yarn and it turned out great with the colorway of Army girl.  Now I have another shawl that is washable without falling into a felted mess.

I joined a Knit a Long with the Shepherdess Beads in Old Town for the Schieffelin Point Shawl and was able to stash dive for the yarn.  Although the sample was knit in a blend in a solid color, I used a variegated yarn I bought in Alaska.


Here is the finished shawl.  Since it is made with 100% superwash merino (it can be washed and dried by machine), it is super soft and squishy.
I was disappointed in this yarn.  While I was knitting the shawl, the yarn was soft and easy to use.  I had previously used this yarn without mishap for the first Bears on Glacier scarf that came as a kit.  After washing the shawl, I was appalled at how much red bled.  As you can see from the above photo, the red bled on the white portion so the shawl looks alot like a christmas shawl.  Here is the before wash photo.
So for September's cold sheep progress - knitted 500 yards for Merope and 550 yards for Schieffelin Point Shawl.


Total yardage for September is 108,727.


A side note:  this is only purchased yarn for knitting.  The yardage does not include fiber purchased that may end up becoming yarn nor does it count any yarn purchased specifically for weaving projects.


I also finished cross stitching my pin cushion which is working great!

No comments:

Post a Comment