Thursday, September 16, 2010

Avatar: Uncle Iroh's Tea Pack

I was looking through Netflix a few months back and found some on-demand videos on the Avatar: The Last Airbender series which are animated.  This was before the M. Night Shyamalan movie came out and was totally addicted to the entire premise of the series.

For kicks, I decided to do a search on Ravelry on the Avatar and was expecting some discussions on the series and some lively conversation.  To my surprise I found that there was a Spin A Long (SAL) just like a Knit A Long (KAL) which I have joined in the past, but instead of knitting with others, this would be spinning with others. 

Moonwood Farms (aka Roo) was putting together a few packages of fiber batts for spinning inspired by the Avatar series.  The "club" was a limited time offer of a few different options.  I chose the Uncle Iroh Tea Pack which included some fiber batts and a handmade tea mug with cover and some tea.

Well, I'm excited to say that this package arrived today in the mail.  Here are the photos I took once I got the box in the door and past the dogs.



Special touch with fiber depicting Zuko's pony tail as a wrapper.

Another special touch with gold fiber binding the White Lotus robe.

Also, a key character trait of Uncle Iroh was his tea obsession.  The mugs were especially made by Suzanne Rehbock.  Her Etsy shop has other cool pottery.  


She even made a point to include all the elements on the bottom of the mug - in order is water, earth, fire, and air.

I recognize the first three of the characters - shui, tu, and huo, but I don't know the last one.  I will have to ask my parents when they visit next.

Daniella Cortez at Goddess Teas provided the pele black tea which smells wonderful.
I'm excited about the other package I ordered which is called the ‘fellowship’ pack which consists of 7 1-ounce batts, each batt depicting a character in Aang’s travelling party.  I can't wait to receive the next shipment.

No comments:

Post a Comment