Sunday, September 26, 2010

Avatar: Katara

I have decided on the project to make with my Avatar: Fellowship pack.  It will be a woven item with all of the batts spun up and plied and then woven into a scarf.  This will entwine all of the "characters" into a whole which will represent the teamwork of all the elements together.  It seems apropos since it takes everyone inputting their strengths to win the day.


I'm still contemplating the warp and a recommendation made by a fellow weaver suggested the base weave to start light incorporating the character batts and then end with dark (black) especially against the red of the fire nation.  She is also a fan of the Avatar: The Last Airbender.


Here was the Katara batt:

Alpaca (magical line), organic merino, mill end wools, bamboo rayon, milk protein fiber, and firestar.


Here it is in a single on the bobbin.

Here is the two ply.
I ended up with 104 yards of 20 wpi.  I was very easy and smooth to spin.  I can't wait to start spinning the rest of the batts.

No comments:

Post a Comment