Friday, September 3, 2010

Blog Swap

I joined a blog swap on Ravelry.  A swap is where you send items to someone else and get some items in return.  This swap is a little different in that the person you are sending stuff to is not the person who is sending stuff to you - it is a entirely different person.

Since it is fiber related, we were asked to fill out a questionnaire and then the choosing began.  The person I received as a giftee has a blog and has been knitting for a while and started spinning a little while ago.

The rules required sending 7 items so you could blog about a package a day for a week to increase writing on your blog.  Since I don't have too much problem with that aspect, I thought it would be a cool experiment.

The $40 package has to include:
 - Must Haves: 100g of yarn, knitting notions, embellishments, and a pattern
 - Other Options: something handmade, treats, magazine, stationery, and something to photo for the blog.

Since my giftee has just started spinning, I decided to include some fiber of various types for testing.  When I started spinning, it was great to sample small amounts of fiber to see whether I liked to spin before buying.  Of course, we all know what happened to that....

Here are the packages all wrapped up.  It will be fun I think to open a package a day and see what is there and then write about what you would like to do with it.
Since it is all a surprise, I am excited to see what will be coming in the mail.  The deadline for sending the package is September 26th.

No comments:

Post a Comment