Friday, April 15, 2011

Colorado

My best friend Val will be moving to Colorado to be closer to her family which makes me very sad.  She recently went to visit her family and stopped by the Gabriel Foundation to check out their operation in hopes of placing her bird Sydney there for the remainder of his life.  He is citron crested cockatoo and is fairly young and will most likely outlive her.


She received great news when she came home that they have accepted Sydney into their flock and he will be moving sometime in the summer.


Val brought me back some souvenirs when she came home and one is a very cute sheep made from roving.  He can be hung as an ornament.
She also got me a few swatches of fabric and a very cool pin wrangler with a super strong magnet in the shape of a dog.  Very cute and useful.
I'm definitely going to miss being able to hop over to her house for some sewing, watching criminal minds, and eating.  I plan to visit her in Colorado a few times a year - definitely not in winter and hopefully be able to go to the Estes Park Fiber Festival.  They also have great yarn stores there - you can check out the places I visited the last time I was there.


Val has started a blog to document her move and she already bought a house there which looks cute and already has a designated craft room.

2 comments:

  1. Boo Hoo- leaving my bestie Mags behind is the hardest part of moving! She will come to visit and we'll be at the Estes Park Fiber thingee. My house in Timnath will be base camp for things in the mountains - it helps to get used to 5,000 feet before you go to 7,000! People there wear tee shirts emblazoned with, "Sea level is for sissies!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. I call the pin wrangler a needle nanny!

    ReplyDelete