Sunday, April 17, 2011

Crafty Update

I have been crafting - spinning, knitting, and sewing even though it seems that all I have been doing is eating.


I recently finished the Holden Shawlette which was a knit-a-long with the Stash and Burn podcast.  There are prizes if you are able to finish your shawl and post pictures by the end of April.


I made mine from some stash yarn - Pagewood Farm sock yarn in the color way Bird of Paradise that I bought from the Shepherdess a few years back.  It is 75% superwash merino and 25% nylon.
The knitting was fairly easy and it was also very easy to not pay close enough attention that my stitch count was off and I had to rip back quite a few rows.  The pattern is very simply and the finished shawl elegant.
I used up 378 yards of stash yarn so I'm making progress on my cold sheep goal.  I also have been spinning and have updated my blog to include yards spun as it is a new feature from the knitmeter.


I have also been sewing my quilt blocks for my asian themed quilt I bought at the Ontario quilt show.  There is just not enough time in the day to craft when you work more than full time.

No comments:

Post a Comment