Monday, April 4, 2011

Bookmark Update

I posted about these double heddle bookmarks here.  After the post, the bookmarks languished because I just didn't like that bobble effect happening on the first bookmark.  So the loom was in the corner for quite a while.


I recently decided that I just could not let this stand so I un-wove the first bookmark and re-wove the bookmark.  It definitely looks so much better.
However, when I advanced the warp, one of the warp ends (the last one) broke.  It was just too fiddly to try to retie this warp so the rest of the bookmarks will have one less warp thread.
The weaving is a bit fiddly and I needed to pull taut the weft each time to avoid the bulge on each edge.  I'm not sure if the problem is the yarn or my warping technique.


Here are the finished bookmarks after hemming on the sewing machine.
Now I need to decide if I want to warp the other kit and finish the projects or return the extra heddle to Jan and call it done.

No comments:

Post a Comment