Monday, April 25, 2011

Neat Desk and Receipts

I have always been pretty organized about my stuff especially the paper monster that seems to get out of control every so often.  I have been trying very hard to lessen the amount of paper that I have to file and maintain.


I have a monthly file folder system that I use to store any financial transactions I make and try to shred the monthly receipts and such each month but I have been falling so behind.


I saw an advertisement about Neat Receipts, which is includes a scanner and software to be used to organize your important papers - I have in the past just scanned the document and created folders for each month and then have had to go back to search each month for the item I needed to retrieve.


I just started using this system and it seems to work fairly well.  I purchased the slim scanner on a discount and have found that some of the thermal receipts don't scan at all and I'm concerned that it would be a useless exercise if I need to retrieve something in the future.


I will need to spend some time working on the system and I really like the organization of everything especially if I can only keep up with the documents coming in the door.  I may even be able to get rid of the big file cabinets and have more room for crafty things.

No comments:

Post a Comment