Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Spinning on a Lego Charkha

When I was a kid, Legos were a great toy for building and imagination.  We had some family friends that owned a ton of sets and I remember evenings when my parents played mah jong while us kids would build entire communities out of Lego.

My brother had a bunch of sets but we could never interchange the pieces as each set built one or two items and had to be maintained.  I have a lot of good memories of time spent especially on rainy days building space stations, fire stations, police stations, etc.

Those Lego sets stayed at my parent's house for quite a long time and I believe they were all finally gifted to the children of my brother's best friend.  Last year, all of us went to Legoland and while most of the entertainment was geared toward really young children, the display area where you could see recreations of Obama's inauguration, the New York central station, and Las Vegas skyline were awesome. 

I have been on a cotton spinning kick for a little while and just found this great video of a charkha made out of Lego.  It is ingenious!

No comments:

Post a Comment