Tuesday, April 19, 2011

New Mystery KAL

Tiziana has announced a new knit-a-long to start on May 7.  The clues so far are:
"We will make a shawl worked from neck down with about 720-760m / 787-831yds of a fingering yarn and needles size 4.00mm ( or size to obtain gauge).
It is fun and not difficult to knit, it has a “more than half circle shape” for a better fit. 
It features lace pattern on both right and wrong side rows, nupps and Estonian stars … but not all of the them at the same time!"
The start date is May 6 with 5 clues.  If you want to participate, you will need to sign up by May 5 either through Ravelry or her yahoo group.
I highly recommend her patterns and the best part is that the patterns are free and if she stays true to form, the clues are small enough for one to finish before the next clue comes out.
I was planning on finding some commercial yarn in my stash to use, but after thinking about it some more, I have some time between now and the first clue to spin some yarn.
I organized my fiber stash and found some Louet merino/silk yarn in a lovely green color that I purchased at the Riverside weaving festival that I'm going to spin for this KAL.

No comments:

Post a Comment