Friday, April 22, 2011

62 Bundles of Silk

I had purchased 3 skeins of Tilli Tomas Pure and Simple yarn in a parchment color way at Maryland Sheep and Wool last year.  It was a total luxury of pure silk and I was excited to have it in my stash.  I even had a plan to make Sahara adding a skein of Tilli Tomas Rock Star yarn which is pink and tan with beads.


I then proceeded to go on vacation and the silk yarn came to its ultimate demise. You can read about it here.


After seeing this, I relegated all the yarn into a plastic bag and it sat in the corner of the closet as it just made me sad and angry.


I rearranged the closet recently and I determined I needed to decide what to do with this expensive yarn so I took one of the skeins and tried to unravel it.


Of the 260 yards, I ended up with 62 little bundles of silk and some extra pieces not long enough to bundle.
I need to unravel the other two skeins and I think that it is a lost cause to try to knit with the yarn.  I will have to weave with it as weft since every piece is on average too short.  Maybe one of the skeins can salvage enough length for warp.


One down - two more to go.....

No comments:

Post a Comment