Thursday, April 28, 2011

Hamburger Buns - The French Way

I had posted about my attempt to make pain au lait here.  Well, since I still had another recipe's worth of bread flour, I decided to make another batch with fennel seeds for hamburger buns to go with the burger patties from The Donald's Mar-a-Lago resort.


The dinner rolls were quite tasty and the only thing that I would change would be how to roll them up.  For the dinner rolls, I folded the dough in half and then on itself and turning and repeating.  The inside of the roll had definite fold marks which broke apart in easy chunks.


I got a great rise out of this dough - I'm hoping that means I'm getting better at baking bread.
I decided to roll the dough for these buns instead and then twist for a design.


Here are the finished buns.

1 comment:

  1. I just finished eating the fennel seed hamburger bun for breakfast, slightly warm. I was so delicious! I would like more of these, please!

    ReplyDelete